We have this new chalkboard with an apple cutter in our range, it’s perfect for teacher appreciation cookies. I also thought it would make a great tutorial.
The cutter I used in this tutorial is one of the newer ones in our range of cutters. Click here to purchase chalk board with an apple cutter.
As we are coming to the end of the year, this is a great cookie to make for your children’s teachers, as teacher appreciation gifts.
To make these cookies, you will need the following suggested colours:
- Red flood consistency royal icing (Cake Flora Super Red Gel colour)
- Light brown flood consistency (A small amount of Cake Flora Chocolate gel colour)
- Black flooding and piping consistency (Cake Flora Super Black)
- White flood consistency (Cake Flora Bright White)
- Green piping consistency (Cake Flora Electric Green)
1. Using a acetate template mark your biscuit using a non-toxic graphite pencil to draw the guideline.
2. Start by outlining and filling the chalkboard frame, leave icing to crust over.
3. Next outline and fill the apple shape, while this icing is still wet add the white and black dots to form the eyes (wet on wet technique). Let the apple crust over a little before moving onto the next step.
4. Outline and flood the chalkboard part of the cookie. Let the icing dry 100% (2 hours) before moving onto the next step.
5. Once the base is dry, you can now stencil any words you would like on the cookie. I have a tutorial on How to stencil a cookie.
6. Add your detail and the apple leaf. I have a tutorial on How to pipe a leaf with royal icing
Video Tutorial – The steps are condensed into a time lapsed video below.
Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments section below.
Happy baking and biscuit making